From Duquesne University Athletic Department Release
Duquesne men’s soccer program returns to action this Fall under the direction of Head Coach Chase Brooks, who will be entering his fifth season at the helm.
The Dukes schedule will include closing the season with seven of its last 11 games on the road.
The Dukes will make the short trip to Moon Township, to take on Robert Morris on September 24 in the team’s only match with another local team this season. They will also have a preseason scrimmage against Seton Hill University (Greensburg) at Rooney Field on August 20.
The Dukes, who have advanced to the Atlantic 10 Championship in three of their first four seasons under head coach Chase Brooks, open at Saint Francis U on Friday, August 25 at 1:00 p.m.
Following the Saint Francis game, the Dukes return home to face Bloomsburg (Aug. 27) and Marshall (Aug. 31) before heading to Lewisburg, Pa. to play Bucknell on Sept. 9.
DU will host Wright State (Sept. 12) and Navy (Sept. 16) before concluding the non-conference portion of the schedule with games at Temple (Sept. 19), Robert Morris (Sept. 24) and Bowling Green (Sept. 27).
Duquesne opens its eight-game Atlantic 10 Conference schedule with back-to-back home games against La Salle (Sept. 30) and Saint Louis (Oct. 4).
DU will face Massachusetts (Oct. 7), Davidson (Oct. 11), George Washington (Oct. 21) and Rhode Island (Nov. 1) on the road and will host St. Bonaventure (Oct. 18) and Dayton (Oct. 28) in conference play.
The top eight finishers will compete in the Atlantic 10 Championship with opening round games at the sites of the top four finishers on Nov. 4. The championship will conclude with semifinal and final games at the University of Dayton’s on-campus Baujan Field on Nov. 10 & 12.
2017 SCHEDULE QUICK NOTES
• Eight of Duquesne’s 17 matches will be at home. Seven of the eight home games will start at 7:00 p.m. The lone exception is a 12:00 pm game vs. Bloomsburg on Sunday, Aug. 27.
• The Dukes will play non-conference road games at Saint Francis U, Temple and Bowling Green. The Red Flash (5-1-0), Owls (8-0-2) and Falcons (5-0-4) were a combined 18-1-6 at home last season.
• The Dukes are playing Temple for the first time since the Owls left the Atlantic 10 Conference following the 2012 season. Temple leads the series 8-7-2.
• Duquesne will face one first-time opponent in Bloomsburg.
• The 13-team Atlantic 10 will maintain an eight-game schedule. The top eight teams will qualify for the Atlantic 10 Championship which will conclude at Dayton’s Baujan Field November 10 & 12.